- This recipe has a lot of ingredients, but is easy to put together. I experimented with a bare-bones version of this and added more over the years.
- If you hate the idea of adding a processed soup mix, try a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
- I've used different kinds of kale over the years. Most recently, I used a head of red Russian kale that was quite good. The kale is mostly overshadowed by the other ingredients, but it adds a serious vegetal note that craves expression in this party dip.
- What you see in each photo is about half the dip. The two photos together give you a good idea of how much dip this recipe makes.
- I use the hardcore pimentn that comes in a tin. I find that the tin keeps the smoked pepper fresh longer than a glass bottle with a screw-on lid.
- You can use regular bell peppers instead of mini, which are a pain to de-seed, but I love the sweet flavor of the mini peppers, and the stores are bursting with them this time of year.